RE: Rad caps TR 2-3

To: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rad caps TR 2-3
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:53:08 -0700
Angelo :

There is something special about the cap, the distance from the top of the
neck to the seat inside the neck is longer on TR2/3/early 4 than 'normal'
cars.  Last time I looked, there was actually a listing in the Stant catalog
for a TR4, but after ordering it, it did not fit my TR3.  The pressure
rating for TR2/3/4 is also unusually low, 4 psi as I recall.

If you're desperate for a replacement, get a "Lev-R-Vent" type cap and
remove the lever (drive out the pin).  It will work as a temporary
replacement, while you order the right cap.

However, I've never asked at NAPA, they may be able to order it for you.

Randall