RE: TR-6 and Negative Camber - data correction (very long)

To: "'Rob Christopher'" <robc@cisco.com>
Subject: RE: TR-6 and Negative Camber - data correction (very long)
From: "Lanoway, Brian" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 15:32:19 -0500
Cc: "'Triumphs Digest'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Rob:

Let me try explain this with an analogy.   Envision your rear suspension
assembly as a lever with a your tire at one end, the inner bracket at the
other end and the outer bracket in between but much closer to the end with
the tire.   When you change your inner bracket only, your pivot point on the
lever is at the outer bracket.  A significant change in vertical position at
the inner bracket will result in a proportional but much smaller vertical
change in position at the tire.   On the other hand, when you change the
outer bracket only, your pivot point is now at the other end of the lever at
the inner bracket.   A change in vertical position now at the outer bracket
will result in a proportional but magnified change in vertical position at
your tire.   That's why the changing the outer bracket alone has a more
noticeable effect on ride height.

I apologize for this overly simple analogy.  I couldn't think of another way
to explain this without a diagram.

Hope this helps,
Brian Lanoway
73 TR6 CF6985U