Re: Another Ream-job by Rimmer?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another Ream-job by Rimmer?
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 07:10:03 +0100
In article <21.c4bff29.28401b47@aol.com>, CarlSereda@aol.com writes
>Listers,
>I am getting a little peaved by all the reports of getting in-correct parts
>from RImmer. I originally thought the wrong parts they sent me were an
>isolated mistake (even though I feel I was VERY CLEAR as to what I wanted and
>even included year and make and CT numbers in the order) but after seeing so
>many reports from others I think Rimmers marketing strategy might be; 'send
>parts Rimmers can't get rid of - to unwary and far-away foreign buyers..

And to wary and nearby British buyers. :-(   And I not only quoted Year,
and Make, and Model, and Commission Number, I even quoted the correct
part numbers from their catalogues.

Actually this can't be a marketing strategy, as they have always taken
back incorrect parts that they have supplied (and paid for the
carriage), or told me to keep them FOC (as they did in this case).

>I ordered one can of touch-up paint in 'Triumph Racing Green' paint and
>recieved a can labeled 'Light British Racing Green' - a faded pale olive
>color. I ordered the TR4 soft-top reinforcing metal strips and got the TR4-A
>version that is far different. I ordered two front blinker lens and they
>shipped two differently colored ones.
>They did send me one more blinker lens for free trying to guess-timate a
>reasonable match (almost got it right). But the rep insisted I ordered the
>TR4-A soft-top strips (why would I do that? - I've only owned a TR4 for 25
>years).
>The paint and roof strips I am stuck with as shipping it back would be
>wasting more of my time and money.

Tell Rimmer Brothers that the parts are awaiting their collection, and
that you will be charging them storage from the beginning of next month.

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"