.75" brake cylinders

To: "Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack@Autox.Team.Net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: .75" brake cylinders
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@telocity.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 19:03:22 -0700
I have read, both on these lists and in various publications, that the best
rear brake cylinders to use are the .75" units.  Apparently the stock TR6
units are .70".  I have heard many references to sources of the cylinders,
such as early Datsun roadsters and TR4s, but I have never seen definitive
part numbers or sources for these parts.  I note that TRF and Moss only
stock the .70" units as universal replacements for TR4 thru TR6.  So.... I
am asking the collective wisdom of the list:  What are the source(s) of
these .75" cylinders (I have also heard about 7/8" cylinders too, with the
same non-reference to source)

Thanks,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA