Not so LBC

Subject: Not so LBC
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 15:37:43 -0400
Hello the list:

Just happened to see an LBC in a showroom yesterday. Well not really so
little. Alas it is also a little beyond my price range. In fact I would have
to sell my house to buy it.

A beautiful moss green Aston Martin DB7 Vantage was being shown up here in
Montreal. While I am sure all of the wealthy parts of the world have them
running about being used as go-carts and shopping baskets for the
impoverished, but here in Canada they are quite rare.

But .. Ye Gods! What specifications:

V-12 engine developing 460 Bhp
0-62 mph in 5.1 seconds
0-100 mph in 11.4 seconds
185 mph max speed
carbon fibre and leather interior
body is steel and composites

Looks very fine too.

They pressed a rather fine large folder all about the artwork (can really
call it a simple machine) into my hands as if they really expected me to buy
one. If I ever drove that car home I would need to pick up a bulletproof
vest between the showroom and the wife seeing me in it.

Just thought we could all dream a bit. And for those listers who can buy
these by the handful, you know what I am thinking, don't you. The beautiful
green paint seems appropriate somehow.

Anyway back to fixing my overdrive solenoid bracket on the TR6.

Cheers,

Mark Hooper