More news RE: Alternator help needed

To: "''triumphs@autox. team. net' \(E-mail\)'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'TR8 List \(E-mail\)'" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: More news RE: Alternator help needed
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 17:57:08 -0400 com> .com>
Well, I am home.  The alternator is out of the car, and  (ta-dah) its a
Lucas, but the model and/or part number are not to be found and its
definitely not the 17 or 25 ACR as pictured in the ROM.  Two wires on studs
with bolts.  No adaptation visible.  Maybe from a Morgan or Land Rover, or
other user of the 3.5L?  I'll run it by the neighborhood Alternator shop and
see what they say. I'd really prefer to replace rather than rebuild and
replace with a source other than the Prince of Darkness.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK