RE: Exhaust gas analyzer useage on LBCs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Exhaust gas analyzer useage on LBCs
From: "Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:52:55 +0930
> Anyone out there use one of the following oxygen sensor and display setups
on the
> following hotlink
>
> http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/afratio.htm
>
> or homebake one of their own with good result on an LBC?

Steve,

I haven't actually tried one of those meters, but I think they're a tad over
priced. I myself have just purchased a kit (without an EGO sensor) from a
place called Jaycar, which does exactly the same thing for AUS$62.95.
Actually, it does a bit more as it displays a 3 digit LED display with the
F/A ratio updated every 200ms (I think). The bar graph is updated more
frequently. Obviously the one drawback of the kit is that you have to 1.
build it, and 2. get yourself an EGO sensor (preferably the heated type -
typically one with four wires).

As I've just purchased it, I haven't had a chance to build and test it
yet... The design of the circuitry was published in an Australian
electronics mag called Silicon Chip in the Sept and Oct 2000 editions, and
the kit is listed as KC5300 in the Jaycar catalogue (see links below). I'm
more than happy to throw it together and give you a review if you like - I
can even send you the articles via post if you like...

Silicon Chip website:

http://www.siliconchip.com.au

Jaycar Catalogue:

http://www.jaycar.com.au