TR3 Drive Shaft Gasket

Subject: TR3 Drive Shaft Gasket
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 06:43:02 -0400
Cc: "John Krause (home)" <jktr250@aol.com>, Bob Krivenko <krivenkb@pa.net>
I am replacing the u-joints and cleaning up my drive shaft on the
'59 TR3 restoration project. After separating the two parts of the
drive shaft, the cork gasket was toast, to say the least. This
part is not available through any of the distributors.

What have people done to replace this? Look for a generic cork
gasket of same dimensions, use a rubber gasket, make one from
cork...? My guess is the cork is used to seal the cap that holds
the two shafts together to keep the grease that is pumped into the
transmission side of the shaft for the splines from oozing out.

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6