RE: Brake Funkiness

To: "Freeman, Noah" <Noah.Freeman@Bain.com>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Funkiness
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:06:51 -0400
>Now I am hyper brake aware, and am noticing that the brakes feel great when
>i first put them on, but if I stop (brake pedal depressed), then put it in
>neutral, take my foot off brake (car still stopped), the brake pedal does
>not return (car stays stopped, brake pedal comes only a little way up).
>Then, when I put the car in gear, accelare, (foot still off brake) the pedal
>rises to its normal position.  Before my "drive the car against the rear
>brakes" episode I wasnt paying much attention, so I cant tell if this is a
>new or old problem...

Noah,

The brake and the clutch pedal have a return springs that is part of the pedal
mount assembly.  If you push on the brake pedal with your hand it should
return to the same position.  Check to see if the spring is there.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn