TR3 Rear Transmission Oil Seal

Subject: TR3 Rear Transmission Oil Seal
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 06:47:33 -0400
My memory isn't always the best (was that discussion at a club
meeting or from the list?), but I have a recollection that there
was a discussion on how to improve the rear transmission oil seal
since the seals sold today are not double lipped like the
original seals. I checked the archive but could find nothing
there.

Does anyone recall this discussion and if so, what was the
advice (I have heard many persons state that after installing
the seals they would still leak after a short period, blaming
this on the newer seals only having a single lip).

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6