Re: TR3 seatbelts

To: "Nancy and Bob Wise" <wises@new.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 seatbelts
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:38:38 -0700
B,

I just received a new set of lap belts from J.C. Whitney.  Black herring
bone with chrome buckles, look pretty good.  They are pretty straight
forward to install.  In my case, they will replace the ones that were there,
so I will just bolt them through the floor using the mounting hardware that
came with them.  I didn't try to put 3 point belts in, but if you can
arrange it, it would certainly be safer, if not period correct.  JC has
these also, but they are not specific to TR3's, so you would be taking a
chance on getting them installed to work correctly.

If you are really concerned about the grab handle, you could remove it.  My
wife seems to hangs onto it for dear life.

Bob