RE: TR3 Steering Question

To: "'Randall'" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, cebe.be@wanadoo.be, "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Subject: RE: TR3 Steering Question
From: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 22:01:39 +0200
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net u >
I can only speak about the R&P kit sold by Protek in the UK , which I
fitted about 18 months ago .The steering is now much lighter and
there is virtually no play at the steering wheel because all those
fast wearing silentbloc bushes , idler etc have been eliminated .
It's true that the turn signal head cannot function and the stock fan
cannot be retained , but the original steering wheel and upper
column are still fitted ( the early solid one piece columns must be
modified ) .
This R&P set up cannot really be compared to power steering , but
it's not far off compared to the stock system , especially at low
speed .
NFI
Cheers

> > Hi - I'm going to buy a TR3 Triumph but the steering is a quite hard to
> move
> > for me cause I drive with only one harm - someone says it's possible to
> fit
> > a TR4 steering wich give a very easy steering - or is it possible ti fit a
> > power steering - all advice welcome - I'm waiting to says to the car owner
> > if I take it - best regards

Mike Kitchener
60 TR3A TS 75178