RE: TR3 Rear axles & hubs

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, "Triumphs@Autox Net \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Rear axles & hubs
From: "Phil Pattengale" <phil@pattengale.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 19:22:49 -0400
Ok, Just got a phone call from Dad about our hub issues....

As you may know, the backing plate won't allow you to slip the rear end
through the wheel well / frame if it's on... Well, as we were upgrading to
the 6 bolt rear axle, ours still had the backing plates in place.

Dad decided that if he took the bolts off the backing plate, it would at
least "flatten" and possibly allow us to slip the axle into place.... Well,
suprise, suprise, apparently, the backing plate holds something in place
(bearing something) which holds the hub in place....

So, if your backing plate is still attached, you might try removing it, and
then the hub should pop right off!

Learn something new everyday...

Cheers!

Phil Pattengale
54 TR2  - TS1440-LO {project #1}
56 TR3  - TS13872-L  {project #2}
56 TR3  - TS11820-L  {Dad's}
56 TR3  - TS9169-LO {Anyone seen this car? - Last seen in Missouri in 1964}
phil@pattengale.org
http://www.pattengale.org