Re: Worn splines?

To: "Crockett, Steve" <steve.crockett@analog.com>, "triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Worn splines?
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:25:34 -0700
Steve,
When my spline went, it made a ratcheting kind of noise, not a squeak.  If
it does need to be replaced, common wisdom seems to be replace both the
wheel and the spline or it won't last long.  I figured it was a good excuse
to get a full set of chrome wires.  Hubs and wires are available from the
big three, I went directly to British Wire Wheel in Santa Cruz for mine.
You can also get the wheels rebuilt.
Bob