TR3 Seat Reupholstery Question

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Seat Reupholstery Question
From: "Augustine, Richard S. (LNG-SHEP)" <Richard.Augustine@LexisNexis.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 16:53:59 -0600
        What have people used to replace the 3/16 plywood tack strip at the
bottom of the TR3 seats when redoing them?  Seems like there would be a
modern (plastic?) replacement for the stuff that crumbled into slivers upon
disassembly of my original seats, I mean it only lasted for 42 years!
        Is everyone using staples now for reassembly?  When I was picking up
staples at the local home store they had a small brad gun that looked like
it would replicate the original nailing technique quite well.  Are staples
better, easier, more readily availible?  Do I need a new toy...I mean vital
restoration tool?

Thanks,
Scott Augustine
1959 TR-3A