TR6 spin-on filter adapters

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 spin-on filter adapters
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:54:52 -0700
Just a note about filters on spin on adapters.  The filters used should have
an anti-drain back feature in them which means even if it is mounted upside
down, they will stay filled with oil.  The one's we supply have this feature
and if you use some other supplier's filter you should make sure it has this
feature.  However on a TR application the best fit is with the filter
downward for ease of removal. Also I found that when installing, the best
way to avoid leaks between the adapter and the block was to apply a sealant
to both sides of the seal between the adapter and the block and any other
seals.  I used Hylomar - in my opinion the best sealant going.
Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6 Daily Driver
Domestic Buyer
Moss Motors, Ltd.
(805) 681-3400 x3214