Uh, is it August *already* ???

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Uh, is it August *already* ???
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:06:20 -0600 (MDT)
Gee, VTR is coming right up, and as anyone who knows me would expect, I am
way behind in preparations.  First off, while I imagine most folks have their
travel plans set in stone by now, I'll mention some events in the Salt Lake
City area that may be of interest.

First off, the British Motor Club of Utah is having the annual Alpine Loop
run, a club favorite, on Saturday August 18.  It consists of a fairly long
drive through some quite scenic, tight and twisty in a few spots roads
weaving through the Wasatch Mountains.  Actually I heard rumors some Triumph
group was planning to drive over Guardsman's Pass between Brighton and Park
City on their way.  I hope they know what they are getting into, Guardsman's
Pass makes the 1.5 lane Alpine Loop road look like a major freeway!

Also that saturday afternon at the Heber Valley airport the Bonneville Austin
Healey Club will be having a car show and bbq.  Oddly enough, it starts just
about the time the BMCU trip will be driving past the airport.  These two
events should have a decent turnout of various British cars, some more unusual
than the typical MG and Triumph fare.

I myself will not be attending either event, as I will be out at the Wendover
Airfield for the Intermountain Vintage race weekend, see www.team.net/ivr for
more details.  I'll be flogging the Killer Spit around the course, attempting
to keep up with some pesky Mazdas on the 0.8 mile track.  I can outbrake and
outcorner them, but there's that looonnngg straight coming out of Conair
Corner.  Drat.

If you'll be coming from the west, and happen to be in Utah the weekend before
VTR, these events could be worth checking out.

mjb.