How to remove upholstry adhesive?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: How to remove upholstry adhesive?
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:23:50 -0700
Many years when installing the vinyl wheel arch covers on my TR3  (didn't
have the discerning eye I do today) inadvertantly glued down the vinyl
covers with the piping not quite as parallel the wheel contour as it should
of been.

Since they are in really good condition, I'd rather not purchase a new set.
Has anyone had any luck in using any type of solvent or remover that will
dissolve this? I used Moss' adhesive in the orange can, almost 18 years ago?
Appreciate the help

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg, PA
59 TR3A