RE: Green brake fluid/ Question for Brian Sanborn

To: sanborn@net1plus.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Green brake fluid/ Question for Brian Sanborn
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:17:36 +1000 FILETIME=[1133C7E0:01C12BAC]
Brian Sanborn wrote:
>The color I found in the clutch and break master was a clear but
> >greenish... olive oil yellow. I decided it was silicone because it did
> >not take off the paint. I topped it up with the TRF purple stuff >without
>problems and then later in the winter when I rebuilt the 3 >cylinders I
>bleed  "until it was purple"

Thank you for your reply Brian. My colour is a definate green, with lots of
black particles in it. Scary really. Since the other day I have contacted
the PO of my car and asked if it was DOT 3, 4 or 5. He is not a DOT 5 fan
and informed it it was DOT 4.

So in summary, if you let your DOT 4 get heaps of gunk in it, it will go
green ;-)

Many thanks to all who replied to my message. I now have a weekend project-
flushing my brake system.

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4 CT23641 O