GT6-3: Fr. Wheel Bearing Adjustment

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6-3: Fr. Wheel Bearing Adjustment
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 18:24:08 -0400
Hey you all:

I'm returning my nicely rebuilt front hubs to the car, and I'm wondering about
the
bearing adjustment.

1)  I presume the hub should spin completely freely of its own accord.

2)  Should there be any discernible "in and out" of the hub when you tug on
it?

3)  If there should be no in-and-out, what do you do when the perfect spot
falls on a place on the castle nut where you can't insert the cotter key?  Do
you go more tightly, or more loosely on the nut?

As you might imagine, I'm not eager to experience premature bearing failure.
This is most embarrasing for a man.

===
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (driver)