R. Williams new book/Breckenridge report

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: R. Williams new book/Breckenridge report
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 15:54:36 EDT
Listers,

When I returned from Brekenridge, I found a copy of Roger Williams new book -
How To Restore Triumph TR5/250 & 6, published by Veloce Publishing, ISBN
1-901295-92-3 - in my mail box. I haven't given it a 100% read yet, but what
I have read is excellent, in keeping with his other books (mostly MGs). I
recommend it to all TR250/5/6 owners.

Well, I went to Breckenridge in a hot, drafty, noisy, $2,000 TR6, but I
returned in a quite, cushy, air conditioned, $45,000 GMC truck, pulling a $2
TR6 on a trailer. Yep, after eleven years, 50,000 plus miles, my TR6 finally
let me down. I developed an engine knock in Missouri, and had to rent a
truck/trailer to get it home. Penske, NOT U-Haul!

Oh, well. I needed something else to do. Let's see now, my current projects
are: complete the V8 conversion, rebuild the engine in my stock TR6, rebuild
the front suspension in my MGB, publish the British V8 newsletter, finish the
TR2 - 4A electrical handbook, build a new deck/patio - must be something I'm
forgetting, that doesn't sound like much!  I may be rather scarce on the list
for a while.

When I got home, even though I had signed of the list, I had 303 e-mails
requiring a response, in addition to the Spam and e-mails not requiring a
response. If I owe you a response, please be patient, I'm pedaling as fast as
I can.

Breakdown not withstanding, Breckenridge was absolutely fantastic!  I had a
great time. Put about 500 miles on my car after I got there, just
sightseeing. That part of Colorado is beautiful!  My car was down on power,
but still drove well at the high altitude, with no adjustments made to
compensate for the height. Got to meet lots of new folks, and lots of folks
from the list I had not met before.

Regards,

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm