Re: TR6 Wipers Too Slow - Ideas?

To: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Wipers Too Slow - Ideas?
From: Bill Kelly <bk54@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 01:36:05 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob,

Most likely cause is that the grease the factory installed in the cable
guides under the dash has turned into soap. To test for this, you want
to disconnect the cable from the wiper motor and see if that makes the
motor happy. They're connected through a transmission which I recall has
a removable cover. I don't recall for sure whether stuff will fly out if
you try to run the wipers with the cover removed - it's been a few
years. Suggest you get a secnd opinion before trying this!

If this is your problem, then a) the grease in the transmission will
probably have turned to soap too, and b) fixing it is truly no fun.

Bill Kelly