Re: Halogen Headlights

To: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Re: Halogen Headlights
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 19:36:17 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I bought a pair of Cibie headlamp assemblies for the Stag. They're
similar to what you describe, separate lamp, body and glass. You can buy
different halogen lamps to go in them, depending on your application.
One of the previous owners had already installed them in the high beam
position.

I bought 80/100W lamps. Not to pick, but 55/60W just doesn't measure up
to what most modern cars are using. It is probably a great improvement
over the original lamps though.

I did rewire my system, and bypassed the headlamp switches with 30 amp
relays.

--
George Richardson
Wyvern - '57 Triumph TR3, TS15559LT -