RE: gas straps

To: "'Edward Woods'" <fogbro1@home.com>, Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: gas straps
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:24:41 +0200
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
Greetings Ed and list

Just returned to my office after being out and about presenting health and
safety training courses throughout South Africa for the last couple of weeks
( actually two months ! ) .

AFAIK the extra fittings on the gas straps are the top attachment points for
the early TR 3 occasional rear seat ( bottom attachment points are on the
floor panel ) . Not sure if the gas straps are 100% correct for TR 2's , but
it should be usable in both TR 2's and early TR 3's .

I could really , really use the gas straps on my early '56 TR 3 ( TS 10795 )
with currently " loose " occasional rear seat . So , to answer your question
:-) .... I am looking for them please .

It's good to be back at my computer again , but I'll most probably be
leaving on Monday again and I'll be in ( mostly on Mondays and Fridays ) and
out of the office till the end of the year .    :-(

To everyone on the Triumph and Spitfire lists that sent mail to me during
July and August , thanks  I'll try to respond before I have to leave again .

If I promised anything ( parts , literature , money ) to anyone which was
not received , please give me a shout .

Kind regards .
Chris de Wet .
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .
Cell 0839989744 , Office 012-3398071 , Home 012-2591129 .

'56 TR 3 ( TS 10795 ) + '64 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 ( FC 25680 ) .

Triumph Sports Car Club of South Africa membership number : 2117
Triumph Sports Car Club ( Pretoria Centre ) membership number : 356 .

Projects sadly for sale to fund TR3 restoration ( all Rhd ) :
'62 Herald 1200 Coupe , '65 Herald 12/50 ( convertible ) ,
'63 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 , '66 Spitfire 4 Mk 2 .