RE: Two Questions

Subject: RE: Two Questions
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 11:54:14 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bill :

If appearance does not matter, you can get a 2" mechanical gauge at your
local auto supply for around $20 that will fit perfectly.  Mine's a
'Sunpro', ISTR I paid $18 at Pep Boys.  Instead of the window for the TR3's
dash lighting, it will likely have it's own bulb.  But, it's easy to wire
into the dash light circuit.  I'd suggest looking for a 270-degree movement,
it's easier to read.

For better appearance, the early TR4s apparently used an electrical gauge
that looks almost identical to the TR3, and does not require a voltage
stabilizer.  Make sure you get the right sender (it's different than the
later ones), and it should screw right into the thermostat housing.

Randall