Re: Engine Paint

To: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Paint
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 07:34:00 -0400
Michael:

You didn't say which car the engine is for ... if, for instance, it were a
GT6 block, I'd consider sanding the POR down somewhat, since these cars run
hot as it is.  If it were a TR6 motor, I wouldn't be as concerned.

The POR finish is very slick, so sanding it is probably not a bad idea
before adding a topcoat, regardless.  Just one of several reasons why I gave
it up for Corroless long ago.

===
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (driver)
72 TR6 (weekender)
Arlington, VA

"She's got a carburetor tied to the moon."