Re: Half mast flag

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Half mast flag
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:23:19 +0100
Having been off the list for awhile I would first like to express my
deep sorrow & sympathy for all those caught up in recent events.

Having grown up with acts of terrorism regularly reported around the
UK, often with details of the appalling construction & placement
techniques intended to cause the maximum trauma to innocent victims,
I am all to familiar with that feeling of rage & desire for
retribution. I have to admit to such feeling these last few days.
However I heard a comment on the radio which made me stop & think:
'An eye for an eye, & the world will go blind'.

I have little idea what to make of any of this, my only hope so far
is that the enormity of this loss, & it's global effects, may lead to
a new approach to dealing with terrorism in all its forms. For too
long these groups have helped each other while governments seemed
unwilling to do the same. Links have existed between Irish, Spanish,
Middle Eastern & even American groups. Now perhaps security forces
will work together.

I have to take the Eurostar this afternoon, & I hope the security
levels are back to the old days when the IRA were fully
active....London is strange without the planes.

I'll leave news of the TR for happier times.

Regards to you all,
--
William Davies
1975 TR6 PI