Re: TR3 Door Seals

Subject: Re: TR3 Door Seals
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 07:15:50 -0700
Cc: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Geo :

See below

Geo Hahn wrote:

> 650046 - "under doors, secured with 12 clips and weatherstrip adhesive
> at rear"
> Q - The piece is much longer than the bottom edge of the door -- do I
> trim or does the excess (about 6") go somewhere?  The holes for the 12
> clips run the full length of the door so the reference to adhesive is
> what has me 'cornfused'.

I believe (not certain) that the adhesive and extra length is only
required on post-60K cars.  The piece does turn and run up the front
edge of the door a short ways, but should be held only by clips on a
59.  You'll likely have to trim it to length, about 1/2" beyond the last
clip.  The SPC only lists 650046 for post-60K, before that it was
602210.

> 603257 - "front of doors... 8 clips"
> Q - This seems clear enough except that again the piece is quite a bit
> longer than needed -- trim or does the excess just dangle?

IMO, Trim.

> 650044 - "rear of door, vertical, secured with adhesive"
> Q - Which way does the lip aim -- to the outer edge of the door or
> toward the jam?

Sorry, no help here.  ISTR the strips I bought years ago were flat.  But
since some unknown bodyman has apparently filled my jambs until the
strip didn't fit without making the doors stand away from the body, I
took them off.  The SPC lists the same 602210 as the pre-60K equivalent
of 650044.

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO