Meltdown

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Meltdown
From: "Gary Nicklaus" <garynicklaus@cityusa.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:46:24 -0400
The frustration level is rising!! The weather is great, the TR6 has been
running fine.  I drove all weekend.

Came out today to go to work, turn the key and nothing happens.  Check the
obvious and find nothing wrong.  Use a Jumper wire direct from the battery to
the fuse box and the car starts.  I guess it's time for Dan's book.  In the
meantime, my son who is on his way to school (Automotive Tech) looks under the
hood and notices that the wiring harness is melted in about three different
areas.  The insulation burned off in a number of places.

What really bothers me is the fact that all of the fuses remained intact.  I'm
lucky the car didn't burn.

So -- now that the car is out of business for the balance of the year.  I need
to find a complete main wiring harness.  The big three all have them in the
$350 range.  Does anybody have any suggestions - good experiences vs bad?  Any
hints on reinstallation?

Lastly, if any good comes out of this, at least it will clean up under the
dash.  By the way, I need a bracket that attaches the speedometer to the dash.
Can't seem to find one through the normal channels.  Anyone have one they
would like to sell.  This is a 1976 TR6.

Gary Nicklaus
Albany, New York