250 O/D

To: "triumphlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 250 O/D
From: "Thomas Beaver" <beaver@spillmanco.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:37:47 -0500
Several months ago I asked for wisdom regarding our O/D not staying engaged
and sometimes not working. Well, I recently had some time to crawl under the
TR and check things out. The wiring looked OK and I heard the solenoid engage
while Mrs flicked the switch. I drained the old and put in fresh redline and
it worked. So thanks Dave, Darrell and whomever else that suggested that. The
next question is that it does not engage when cold. Takes several miles to
work. Is this normal for an A Type? Once warmed up it works fine.

Thanks
Tom Beaver