Wheels go round and round, but how fast?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheels go round and round, but how fast?
From: Shrack04@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:58:27 EDT
I have Pirelli Cinturato P3 - 165SR15 tyres on my TR3.  As there is no,
series,, 60  or 70 or 80 called out on the tyres,, I did the string around
the tire measurement and came up with 79-1/2" circumference.  Using a tyre
calculator it tells me they must be 165 / 80 X15 with a diameter of about
25.31".  Using the calculator it tells me with the 3.7 rear end in high gear
and in overdrive (.82) at 75 mph the engine should turn approx 3000 rpm,,, I
don't have the car "up to speed" yet,, does this sound about right?  My Chevy
Pickup and my Accord turn right around 2500 rpm at 75 mph.

Kent Shrack
1960 RHD TR3a