TR6 engine vibration

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 engine vibration
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@mail.presby.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 07:57:38 -0400
I've been putting off asking this question, but I guess I'm now
prepared for the answer.  I'm expecting bad news.  My 1974 TR6
has developed a noticeable vibration.  It can be felt as a kind
of buzz in the gas pedal, the clutch pedal, and even in the
steering wheel.  It does it even when sitting in the driveway if
I give it some gas.  Otherwise the car runs great.  It accelerates
and decelerates well, steers well, and rides well.  So is this the
thrust washer problem I've heard so much about or some other problem
with bearings, or could there be a simpler problem?

Tim Gaines
1974 TR6
1980 Spitfire