Re: Stuck Clutch, Question and Answer http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm

To: "Freeman, Noah" <nfreeman@baincapital.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stuck Clutch, Question and Answer http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:14:22 GMT
>My question- this will only happen worse, I imagine, over 6 month winter
>storage...very hard to get car onto hill w/ no clutch...wouldn't want to try

>that trick again...can I just store the car w/ the clutch peddle jammed down

>so the plates don't touch + cant stick?  Wat will the hydraulics/ springs
>think of that?

I would not want to put the force on it permanently like that.  Better to jump
into the car once in a while and work the clutch pedal, rolling the car a few
inches in gear.  The sticking is caused by corrosion.  The act of braking it
loose once in a while will keep it from sticking.

Having a dry heated shop certainly helps.

Phil Ethier