timing cover oil seals / speedisleeve

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: timing cover oil seals / speedisleeve
From: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:46:36 -0400
Ever since I  had the engine rebuilt I have had  a leak from the timing chain
cover seal even though I replaced the seal.
now I am getting ready to do it again.  This time I have:
1-timing cover oil seal
2-sleeve oil seal moss # 837-045
3-speedisleeve
question is if you have sleeve oil seal, is the speedisleeve also needed or is
it redundant.
 thanks
al salvatore
76tr6

the sound deadner was on my 76 T.C. cover, looked like putty or bond. I
cleaned it off when i painted the cover. car doesn't sound any noiser with out
it. IMO