Re: 64 TR4 Steel Wheel Color?

To: paulwillou@socal.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 64 TR4 Steel Wheel Color?
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:39:25 +1000 FILETIME=[AC387020:01C14573]
Paul Willoughby wrote:

>The steel wheels (disc not wire) on my TR4, CT29734 LO, are painted >silver
>but appear to have once been white.  Does anyone know which >color is
>correct?

I asked that very question earlier this year and the answer was that Spa
White is correct for a TR4/4A built after March 1963. See this service
bulletin for details:

http://www.vtr.org/TR4A/TR4A-wheels.html

As your car is a later TR4 (probably January/February 64' judging by the
commission number) Spa White would be correct for your car.

>It is quite possible that these rims are from another TR.

If they appear to have once been white they may be originals, or from
another post March 1963 TR4 or TR4A.

>I am going to be replacing the tires soon and now seems like a good >time
>to repaint.

Don't forget to repaint the spare ;-)

Cheers,
Michael