Re: TR-4 Tires

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-4 Tires
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:57:28 -0700
"Freeman, Noah" wrote:

> > What are peoples favorite TR-4 tires for wire wheels?  I do a lot of hard
> > street driving, but no track work...I dont really care about speedometer
> > accuracy, as im not sure how accurate mine is in the first place...

FWIW, I've used Michelin XZX 165-15s for many years.  In my opinion they give a
good ride while still maintaining the appearance and road manners that one
associates with these cars.  My most recent set came from Discount Tire (NFI)
though I expect any Michelin dealer would be able to get them in a couple of
days
time.

You'll want to search the archives for info on wire wheel mounting & balancing
find out  what to ask to be sure the tire guys knows what he's doing.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson