Re: First question of many, I'm sure

Subject: Re: First question of many, I'm sure
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 22:27:26 -0700
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob :

I checked, my license plate light does hang over the edge, just a bit.
And if memory serves, the rubber extrusion didn't match it's hole
either.  I believe there was a change at some point, the original
license light had only one bulb and the wire exited in a slightly
different location than the replacement two bulb light.  I just cut off
the rubber extrusion, and opened the holes in the body up a bit with a
round file, so the studs would fit.  The original studs are actually
carriage bolts, the hole in the back plate is square.  I had trouble
with the heads of the studs not making good electrical contact with the
back plate, so I added a small wire from one of the rivets for the lamp
support, to the head of one of the studs.  I also added ground wires to
all the rear fixtures and the fuel tank sender, with a small harness
that runs to one of the fuel tank holddown bolts.

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO