Re: Fire Ext.

To: Shrack04@aol.com, Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fire Ext.
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:45:21 -0700
Actually, Halon _is_ rated A,B,C.  The only other commonly available
type of extinguisher with the ABC rating is dry chemical, which the
original poster specifically wanted to avoid (presumably because the
chemical makes a big mess).

While it's true that wind will reduce it's effectiveness, Halon used
properly will still put out a fire in a wind.  Stand upwind, so you can
get closer to the fire, and the wind helps carry the chemical over the
fire.

Halon is 'preferred' by the FAA.

Randall