Next question - Tenax fasteners

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Next question - Tenax fasteners
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 20:38:09 -0700
When I removed these fasteners for the top and tanneau before the body work
started, there was nothing between the back of he fastener and the body of
the car. Should there be some kind of little gasket?  I got a new set of
fasteners but there weren't any gaskets with them. The metal on freshly
painted metal bothers me a little, ok a lot -  that wasn't a cheap paint
job.  I was thinking of using a paper punch on some black gasket material to
make little "O's" to put over the screws.  Am I being paranoid?

TIA,
Bob