Amp meter sticking

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Amp meter sticking
From: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:51:23 -0400 |June 18, 2001) at 10/01/2001 12:51:27 PM, Serialize complete at 10/01/2001 12:51:27 PM
I've being experiencing a problem with my Amp meter/gauge needle sticking
to either the far left or right. The gauge is a TR6 1971 amp meter, black
rimmed, with the needle pointing down, pivoting point on the top, markings
on bottom.

When I turn over the engine, the amp gets stuck to the right...
turn the engine off, gets stuck all the way left.

I usually have to "tap" the glass with my finger to reset it center (much
like pilots in those old WWII airplane movies), but this is not the
"character" I was looking for from my LBC.

Any suggestions as to what type of maintenance/self-servicing, or perhaps
lubricant to use to remedy this situation.
Thanks in Advance