Re: re: Parts cars

To: "alex cilli" <alexcilli@hotmail.com>, <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: re: Parts cars
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 08:37:20 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> In NJ a wrecked or rusted spit will bring 25 dollars max in a junk yard.
No
> one in NJ strips triumphs for parts anymore..NO ONE. It would just be
> crushed.

I beg to differ. I have spent many weekends stripping parts from Triumphs in
a couple local yards, and have even shared their locations with this list on
more than one occasion.  And the yards I deal with would never crush their
older cars- they know that is their gold- the newer cars feed the flattener
regularly, but the old ones go to dust first, as they know they have the
more irreplaceable parts, and someone (usually me!) will buy the parts
eventually, no matter the condition- the parts can usually be restored! Only
a stone fed bozo would scrap entirely a Spitfire or TR in any state.  And if
you know someone selling spitfires for scrap for $25.00, I'll take a couple.

Scott