TR3 rear hub question - installing new lugs

To: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Subject: TR3 rear hub question - installing new lugs
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 17:43:41 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Dan Buettner
>Anyway - I've got new lugs to put in, and my question is this: in
addition to peening the lug on the back of the hub to prevent
loosening, would a small tack weld on each lug be a good idea?
<

Do not, under any circumstances, spotweld these studs.  Doing so will cause
the studs to become brittle and may fail sometime down the line.  This is
what happened to a friend of mine.  Fortunately, he was traveling at only
30 MPH at the time and he spun about 90 degrees before coming to a stop.
(He never did find that wheel)

If you are concerned about the studs working loose assemble with locktite
(R).

Dave Massey