Subject: Gasoline Overflow

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Subject: Gasoline Overflow
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 08:38:25 +0000
Hi List!
        Since we are into story telling mode, Here is one for ya. In Fall of
'71, when I purchased my 1st car [TR4/A], I droveup on a rainny day to
tell the attendent to 'Fill her up'. He inserted the nozzle & went of to
take care of the next customer. When my tank was full, the shut-off,
shut of but 1st setting a splash of petrol onto the  CLEAR plastic rear
window. I paid him & drove off. After about an hr. of driving, I noticed
the rear window starting to fog up. So I turned on the heater & set it
to heat the windscreen & interior hoping to 'Defog' the rear window.
after some time I noticed that the rear windiow did Not get better, but
worst. I stopped, becaused the rain had stopped too, got out & realized
that the petrol had caused a chemical reaction to never be able to get
the window clear again. I purpusaly (sp) left it like that for many yr.
[30yr] as a reminder to: Never let Anyone pump my gas in the TR4/A, &
Never talk or listen to Anyone while doing this opperation! Live &
Learn!
-Cosmo Kramer