Re: TR3A Front Bumper Installation

To: "Allen, Warren" <Warren.Allen@infores.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A Front Bumper Installation
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 07:37:42 -0700
Thanks Allen.  It looked to me like those parts went between the chrome
bumber and the brackets that are attached to it.  Am I wrong about that?  My
concern is the bracket in front of the cowl sheet metal and the one behind
it.

This is my plan, in spite of originality concers:  The inside bracket on the
left side will not move closer than about 1/2 inch from the cowl, probably
an accident the DPO failed to mention.  On this side I cut a small block of
wood and drilled a hole through the center.  This will go between the inner
bracket and the cowl.  For the ousidie, between teh cowl and the outer
bracket and for the right side inner bracket, I cut squares of rubber from a
piece of radiator hose and drilled holes in the center for the bolts to pass
through.  The result will be no metal against my newly repainted cowl,
inside or out.

Bob