RE: Engine or body first?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Engine or body first?
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:05:58 -0400
Votes are solidly in favour of painting the body off the frame, and it
certainly makes sense to me. I see this lining up as a multi-stage process
now: body back down on frame, finish body work while ensuring alignment of
doors etc, body back off frame to be sent for paint, body back on frame.
That's all fine with me but I am concerned about the body alignment by the
time it's painted and back in place. How does one get the entire body
painted, yet keep it from twisting about? Or does the fact that it was
aligned beforehand mean that it will be possible to get it right?
Thanks,
Jim
TR3a 2TS81417L