Re: GT6 valve cover

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 valve cover
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 00:41:08 +0100
David Templeton wrote:
On the valve cover there are the 3 hold down bolts.  Is there supposed
to be
a gasket of some kind, if so are they on inside of the cover or the
outside?

Ordinary fibre washers between the nyloc nut and the cover were
originally fitted and these fulfilled the gasket function. ISTR there
was a tip on this list at least 2 years ago submitted by a lister who
had used domed nuts off a Honda motorcycle - or something along those
lines - and had quoted the part number. I passed that on in a club
magazine  but can't now find the material. I did later see the result
of this on a 2000 saloon that had had a chromed valve cover and while
it certainly wasn't *original* it looked far better than three nyloc
with oil seepage at their bases.

Jonmac
MG 4305 DLO 1970 Triumph 2.5PI
D 152318 1950 Ferguson TED20