TR4A coil spring

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A coil spring
From: Bwfox@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 07:41:28 EDT
Greetings All,
I had the misfortune to hit a very poorly patched trench in the road last
month.  The resultant KLANG!
probably registered on someone's seismometer.  From
that point on, every time my right front wheel hit
even the smallest bump in the road, I was rewarded
with a klankety-thunk sorta noise.  Upon getting home
the wheel was removed and lo and behold, the coil spring had broken into four
seperate pieces.  Good
old Moss Motors shipped a new pair plus all other
associated bits, but the repair had to be put off
for various work and domestic reasons.
When I finally got around to the task, I removed the
broken spring and was surprised to discover that it had
been broken in one spot for quite some time (old rusty break) before the latest
event (new shiny breaks).
To say the ride and handling have been dramatically
improved would be an understatement.  Also several
squeaks / rattles have disappeared in the bargain.
Quite a fun couple of days work, maybe I will do the
shocks next.  After the coil springs, they will be a
walk in the park.

Barry W. Fox   65 TR4A  CT51681L
W1HFN