Re: GT6-3 Fiberglass Bonnet? (and paint Q's)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6-3 Fiberglass Bonnet? (and paint Q's)
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:58:29 +0100
Hi Martin
I don't know about costs but I would say take the screen out, as this makes
the job so much better for a little extra work. It is not really that
difficult on most Triumphs, though I have to admit to never having taken one
out of a GT6, I have done Heralds which are similar in size though not quite
as curved, and the trims are similar to the 2000 saloons. It is possible to
remove the screen with the insert in place, then just refit with fresh goo
round the rubber, though I would remove the rubber and replace it or at
least seal the glass to the rubber.

Graham.