Re: opening the bonnet - on the way! (from another list)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "CARS Spitfires@Autox. Team. Net \(E-mail\)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>, <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>, <nass@egroups.com>, "Mike Ross" <MIKEROSS@Prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: opening the bonnet - on the way! (from another list)
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:43:40 -0400
....Gas Struts for Spit and GT6 bonnets....

Well you just may get your wishes!
I've been in contact with one of the many mfr'rs
of gas struts and am working with them specing
out the requirements of a pair of struts for just
such an application!

Question...
Some variations exist.  We can configure them to
open the bonnet automatically with almost zero
force required to open, and very minimal
close force required.  The second config under
consideration is a little force to open at first and then
a 'lock' that keeps them open, requiring you to
'release' a stop to close the bonnet.
The latter seem safer to me as the bonnet could not
inadvertently close on you.  This is primarily a function
of where/how (the position) the struts are mounted and how much
pressure is in them.

Anyone interested, please let me know as a mass purchase
of course would be cheaper.

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com