Re: Fulcrum Pin Controversy

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Fulcrum Pin Controversy
From: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:03:37 -0400
Just to throw my data point into the mix, on my car when I disassembled it, both
of the fulcrum pins were installed with the bulge away from the engine.  I'm
sure
this is the way it came from the factory as the PO wasn't the kind to fix things
on the car if they weren't broken.

In addition, one of the vertical links was bent so I trolled through one of the
local club members vast pile of spares.  I found no fewer than 4 sets of
complete
front suspension and all 4 had the fulcrum pin bulge pointing away from the
engine. So that's 6-0 score for pointing outwards.

Rob
74.5 TR6  CF28217UO
Ottawa, ON